Get the GRE Math Help You Need with These Online Resources The GRE Math section is an important part of the GRE exam for graduate school admissions.
Importance of GRE Math section
The GRE Math section is an important part of the GRE exam for graduate school admissions. It tests the quantitative reasoning and problem-solving skills of the test-takers. The Math section includes topics such as arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and data analysis.
The Math section is important for several reasons:
1. Graduate programs in fields such as engineering, mathematics, and science require strong quantitative skills. A high score on the Math section can demonstrate a candidate’s ability to handle the coursework in these programs.
2. Some graduate programs require a minimum score on the Math section for admission. A low score on the Math section may limit a candidate’s options for graduate programs.
3. A high score on the Math section can also improve a candidate’s chances of receiving financial aid or scholarships.
Overall, the Math section of the GRE is an important component of the exam and should be taken seriously by test-takers.
Overview of online resources available for GRE Math help
Here is a list of some popular online resources that students can use to prepare for the GRE Math section:
1. Khan Academy: Khan Academy offers free online video tutorials and practice exercises for GRE Math.
2. Magoosh: Magoosh offers comprehensive GRE Math prep courses that include video lessons, practice questions, and full-length practice tests.
3. Manhattan Prep: Manhattan Prep offers GRE Math prep courses that include both online and in-person options. Their online resources include video lessons, practice questions, and interactive quizzes.
4. GRE Math Review: The official GRE website offers a free Math Review PDF that covers the basic math concepts tested on the GRE.
5. ETS Practice Tests: The official GRE website also offers free practice tests that include Math questions.
6. MathHelp: MathHelp offers a GRE Math prep course that includes video lessons, practice questions, and personalized tutoring.
7. PrepScholar: PrepScholar offers a GRE Math prep course that includes personalized study plans, video lessons, and practice questions.
8. GRE Math Formulas: GRE Math Formulas is a website that provides a comprehensive list of formulas and concepts tested on the GRE Math section.
9. GRE Math Bootcamp: GRE Math Bootcamp is a YouTube channel that offers free video lessons and practice questions for GRE Math.
10. Quizlet: Quizlet is a website that offers flashcards and practice quizzes for GRE Math.
II. Official GRE Math Resources
ETS GRE Math Review
The ETS GRE Math Review is a comprehensive guide to the math concepts and skills that are tested on the GRE. It covers arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and data analysis, and includes practice questions and explanations for each topic.
The math review is divided into six sections:
1. Arithmetic: This section covers the basics of arithmetic, including fractions, decimals, percentages, and ratios. It also includes topics such as exponents, roots, and order of operations.
2. Algebra: This section covers the fundamentals of algebra, including linear equations, quadratic equations, inequalities, and functions. It also includes topics such as matrices, polynomials, and factoring.
3. Geometry: This section covers the principles of geometry, including lines, angles, triangles, circles, and polygons. It also includes topics such as area, volume, and coordinate geometry.
4. Data Analysis: This section covers the basics of data analysis, including probability, statistics, and graph interpretation. It also includes topics such as permutations and combinations.
5. GRE Quantitative Reasoning: This section includes practice questions that are similar to those found on the actual GRE. It covers all of the topics listed above and includes explanations for each question.
6. Additional Topics: This section includes additional practice questions on advanced topics, such as trigonometry and calculus.
Overall, the ETS GRE Math Review is a valuable resource for anyone preparing for the GRE. It provides a thorough overview of the math concepts and skills that are tested on the exam, and includes plenty of practice questions to help you prepare.
ETS PowerPrep Practice Tests
ETS PowerPrep Practice Tests are official practice tests offered by Educational Testing Service (ETS), the organization that administers the GRE (Graduate Record Examination). The PowerPrep practice tests are designed to provide a realistic test-taking experience for GRE test-takers. They include the same types of questions and format as the actual GRE test, and they are timed to simulate the test-taking conditions of the real exam.
There are two versions of the PowerPrep practice tests: PowerPrep Online and PowerPrep Plus. PowerPrep Online is a free online tool that includes two full-length practice tests. PowerPrep Plus is a paid service that offers three additional practice tests, as well as other features such as personalized feedback, score reports, and the ability to review and analyze your performance on the test.
Using the PowerPrep practice tests can help you prepare for the GRE by familiarizing yourself with the test format and types of questions you will encounter on test day. It can also help you identify areas where you may need to focus your study efforts.
ETS Math Conventions and Formulas
Here are some of the commonly used conventions and formulas in GRE Math:
Conventions: – In the GRE, the symbol “^” is used to indicate exponentiation. For example, “2^3” means 2 raised to the power of 3, which equals 8. – The symbol “√” is used to indicate the square root. For example, “√9” means the square root of 9, which equals 3. – The symbol “π” (pi) is used to represent the mathematical constant approximately equal to 3.14159.
Formulas: – Area of a rectangle: A = l x w, where A is the area, l is the length, and w is the width. – Area of a triangle: A = 1/2 x b x h, where A is the area, b is the base, and h is the height. – Perimeter of a rectangle: P = 2l + 2w, where P is the perimeter, l is the length, and w is the width. – Perimeter of a circle: P = 2πr, where P is the perimeter, π is the mathematical constant approximately equal to 3.14159, and r is the radius. – Area of a circle: A = πr^2, where A is the area, π is the mathematical constant approximately equal to 3.14159, and r is the radius. – Pythagorean theorem: a^2 + b^2 = c^2, where a, b, and c are the sides of a right triangle, and c is the hypotenuse (the side opposite the right angle).
III. Online Math Courses and Tutorials
Khan Academy offers free online resources for GRE test prep. The platform provides video lessons, practice questions, and personalized study plans to help students improve their GRE scores. The content is created by experts and is aligned with the official GRE test.
In addition to the free resources, Khan Academy also offers a paid GRE prep course that includes additional features, such as live online instruction and personalized coaching.
Overall, Khan Academy is a popular option for GRE test prep due to its accessibility, affordability, and quality content.
Magoosh GRE Math Prep
Magoosh GRE Math Prep is an online course designed to help students prepare for the quantitative reasoning section of the GRE exam. The course includes video lessons, practice questions, and customizable study plans. The program covers all the math concepts tested on the GRE, including arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and data analysis.
One of the unique features of Magoosh GRE Math Prep is its adaptive learning technology. The program adjusts to your skill level and progress, providing you with personalized study recommendations and feedback. Additionally, the program includes a mobile app, which allows you to study on-the-go.
Overall, Magoosh GRE Math Prep is a popular and highly-rated program for GRE math preparation. It has helped many students improve their math skills and achieve high scores on the GRE exam.
Manhattan Prep GRE Math
Manhattan Prep GRE Math is a comprehensive study guide designed to help students prepare for the quantitative reasoning section of the GRE exam. It covers all the topics that are tested on the exam, including arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and data analysis.
The book includes detailed explanations of key concepts, practice problems with step-by-step solutions, and strategies for approaching different types of questions. There are also six full-length practice tests to help students assess their progress and identify areas where they need to improve.
In addition to the book, Manhattan Prep also offers online resources such as video lessons, interactive quizzes, and personalized coaching to help students achieve their target GRE scores.
IV. Math Practice Questions and Quizzes
GRE Official Guide
The GRE Official Guide is a comprehensive resource that provides test takers with a complete overview of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) test. The guide includes practice questions, test-taking strategies, and detailed explanations of each section of the exam.
The guide is published by the Educational Testing Service (ETS), the organization that administers the GRE. It is designed to help test takers prepare for the exam by providing them with a clear understanding of what to expect on test day.
The GRE Official Guide includes:
1. Overview of the GRE test: This section provides an overview of the test structure, format, and scoring.
2. Test-taking strategies: This section provides tips and strategies for approaching each section of the exam, including how to manage time, eliminate answer choices, and avoid common mistakes.
3. Practice questions: The guide includes practice questions for each section of the exam, including Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, and Analytical Writing.
4. Detailed explanations: Each practice question includes a detailed explanation of the correct answer, as well as strategies for approaching similar questions on the exam.
Overall, the GRE Official Guide is an essential resource for anyone preparing to take the GRE. It provides test takers with the tools they need to succeed on test day, including practice questions, test-taking strategies, and detailed explanations of each section of the exam.
Math.com GRE Practice
- ETS GRE Math Practice: The official website of GRE offers free math practice questions and sample tests. You can access them at https://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/prepare/math/.
- Manhattan Prep GRE Math: Manhattan Prep offers a comprehensive course that covers all the math topics tested on the GRE. You can access their free resources at https://www.manhattanprep.com/gre/resources/math/.
- Kaplan GRE Math: Kaplan offers a range of GRE prep courses, including a math-focused course. You can access their free resources at https://www.kaptest.com/gre/free/gre-math-practice.
- Magoosh GRE Math: Magoosh offers a range of GRE prep courses, including a math-focused course. You can access their free resources at https://magoosh.com/gre/gre-math-practice/.
- Math.com GRE Practice: Math.com offers a range of GRE math practice questions and tests. You can access them at https://www.math.com/students/testprep/gre/gre_math.htm.
PrepScholar GRE Math Practice
1. Familiarize yourself with the format and content of the GRE Math section: The GRE Math section consists of two types of questions: Quantitative Comparison and Multiple Choice. The topics covered include arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and data analysis. Understanding the format and content of the section will help you prepare more effectively.
2. Practice with official GRE Math practice tests: ETS, the organization that administers the GRE, offers official practice tests that closely resemble the actual test. Practicing with these tests will help you get familiar with the types of questions and the time constraints.
3. Use GRE Math prep books: There are many prep books available that offer comprehensive coverage of the GRE Math section. Some popular options include “The Official Guide to the GRE General Test” by ETS and “GRE Math Workbook” by Kaplan.
4. Take advantage of online resources: There are many online resources available that offer GRE Math practice questions and explanations. Some popular options include Khan Academy, Magoosh, and Manhattan Prep.
5. Work on your time management skills: The GRE Math section is timed, so it’s important to work on your time management skills. Practice pacing yourself during practice tests and work on quickly identifying which questions to skip and which to answer.
V. Math Forums and Communities
Reddit GRE Community
The Reddit GRE community is a group of individuals who share knowledge, resources, and strategies for preparing for the GRE (Graduate Record Examination). The community is open to anyone who is interested in taking the GRE or has already taken it and wants to share their experiences.
The community has various subreddits that cater to different aspects of GRE preparation, such as r/GRE, r/GREhelp, r/GREpreparation, and r/GREtest. These subreddits offer tips, advice, and study materials, and users can ask questions and engage in discussions with other members.
Overall, the Reddit GRE community is a helpful resource for anyone looking to prepare for the exam and connect with others who are going through the same process.
GRE Prep Club Forum
The GRE Prep Club Forum is an online community where students preparing for the GRE exam can connect with each other, share resources, and get advice from experienced test-takers and tutors. The forum features discussion boards on various topics related to the GRE, including study strategies, test-taking tips, and specific sections of the exam. Members can also access practice questions, quizzes, and other study materials. The forum is free to join and is a valuable resource for anyone looking to improve their GRE scores.
Magoosh GRE Blog
Magoosh GRE Blog is a blog that provides tips, strategies, and resources for students preparing for the GRE (Graduate Record Examination). The blog covers various topics related to the GRE, including vocabulary, math, reading comprehension, and writing. It also offers free practice questions and study plans to help students prepare for the exam.
Magoosh is a well-known test prep company that offers online courses and resources for various standardized tests, including the GRE. The company’s GRE prep course is highly rated and has helped many students improve their scores on the exam.
Overall, Magoosh GRE Blog is a useful resource for students preparing for the GRE. It provides valuable information and tips that can help students improve their performance on the exam.
VI. Math Tips and Strategies
Time Management Tips
1. Make a study schedule: Create a study schedule that includes time for each section of the test, as well as breaks and rest days. Stick to the schedule as much as possible.
2. Practice time management: Take practice tests and time yourself to get a sense of how long each section takes you. Use this information to adjust your study schedule and improve your time management skills.
3. Prioritize your weaknesses: Focus your study time on your weakest areas first. This will help you improve your skills and reduce the amount of time you need to spend on those sections during the actual test.
4. Use efficient test-taking strategies: Learn and practice efficient test-taking strategies, such as skipping difficult questions and coming back to them later, or using process of elimination to narrow down answer choices.
5. Stay focused and avoid distractions: During the test, stay focused and avoid distractions, such as checking your phone or getting lost in thought. Stay present and focused on the task at hand.
6. Keep track of time: Keep an eye on the clock and make sure you are pacing yourself appropriately. Don’t spend too much time on any one question or section.
7. Remain calm and confident: Stay calm and confident throughout the test. Remember that you have prepared for this and you are capable of doing well. Don’t let stress or anxiety get in the way of your performance.
1. Familiarize yourself with the calculator: Before the exam, make sure you know how to use the calculator that will be provided to you. Practice using it to solve basic calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
2. Use the calculator wisely: The calculator is a tool to help you solve problems, but it is not a substitute for understanding the concepts being tested. Use the calculator only when necessary and make sure you know how to solve the problem without it.
3. Be careful with decimal points: The calculator may round off decimal points, so be careful when entering and interpreting decimal numbers. Make sure you understand how the calculator rounds off decimal points.
4. Use parentheses: The calculator follows the order of operations, but you can use parentheses to ensure that calculations are done in the correct order. For example, if you want to calculate (2+3) x 4, enter (2+3) first and then multiply it by 4.
5. Check your work: Always double-check your calculations before moving on to the next problem. Make sure you have entered the correct numbers and that your calculations are correct.
6. Don’t rely too heavily on the calculator: The GRE is designed to test your problem-solving skills, not your ability to use a calculator. Make sure you understand the concepts being tested and can solve problems without relying too heavily on the calculator.
1. Process of elimination: This strategy involves eliminating answer choices that are clearly incorrect. Start by reading the question carefully and identifying any answer choices that are obviously wrong. This will help you narrow down your options and increase your chances of selecting the correct answer.
2. Look for similarities: Sometimes, answer choices that are similar to each other can be eliminated. Look for differences between the answer choices and eliminate any that are similar to each other.
3. Use context clues: Use the context of the question to eliminate answer choices that do not fit. For example, if the question is asking about a specific time period, eliminate any answer choices that refer to a different time period.
4. Use logic: Use logic to eliminate answer choices that do not make sense. For example, if the question is asking for the opposite of a word, eliminate any answer choices that are synonyms of the word.
5. Use educated guesses: If you are unsure about an answer, use your knowledge and common sense to make an educated guess. Eliminate any answer choices that you know are incorrect and select the best option from the remaining choices.
Remember, the key to eliminating answer choices is to stay focused and avoid getting overwhelmed by the options. Take your time, read the question carefully, and use the elimination strategies that work best for you.
Importance of consistent practice and preparation
Consistent practice and preparation are crucial for achieving success in any area of life. Whether it is in sports, academics, or professional life, regular practice and preparation help individuals to develop a strong foundation of skills, knowledge, and confidence.
Here are some key reasons why consistent practice and preparation are important:
1. Builds skills and knowledge: Consistent practice and preparation help individuals to build their skills and knowledge in a particular area. It allows them to learn from their mistakes, refine their techniques, and develop a deeper understanding of the subject matter.
2. Enhances confidence: When individuals practice regularly and prepare thoroughly, they feel more confident in their abilities. This confidence helps them to perform better under pressure and overcome challenges.
3. Improves performance: Regular practice and preparation help individuals to improve their performance over time. They become more efficient, effective, and productive in their work, which can lead to better outcomes and results.
4. Reduces stress: When individuals are well-prepared and have practiced consistently, they are less likely to feel stressed or overwhelmed. They know what to expect and have the skills and knowledge to handle any situation that arises.
5. Builds resilience: Consistent practice and preparation help individuals to develop resilience and perseverance. They learn to push through challenges and setbacks, which can help them to achieve their goals and succeed in the long run.
In summary, consistent practice and preparation are essential for achieving success in any area of life. They help individuals to build their skills, knowledge, and confidence, improve their performance, reduce stress, and build resilience.
The most professional and honest old test agency, 2022 years of accumulated orders broken 10,000 single, high score through more than 98%. The quality of the test is good, mainly depends on the brand and reputation, more than 80% of our orders are new customers recommended by old customers, never run away, never disappear, 24 hours a day 365 days online service, because of the focus so professional. We deeply understand that every insignificant exam for each student is a great weight, the matter of their own academic future, so each order we are extra attentive, attentive, tracking service until customer satisfaction, customer satisfaction and high score has been our greatest pursuit.
Subscribe to our email newsletter to get the latest posts delivered right to your email.